Ridge Runner

69 -Shelby style

I think i picked my color ,looks like it will be Gulf stream Aqua .I already have the paint i just need the clear .I am thinking of leaving off the side stripe though ,just straight Gulf Stream .No hood stripes either .I think just the black out back end and a black front spoiler . I could add the side stripes later if it looks funny with out them.

I am going to paint my 35 Ford pick up Gulf stream ,all those round fenders and cab the color really pops .I bought extra paint because it was about to be dropped and i wanted to be sure i had enough .I forgot i bought the paint and bought two more gallons ,i now have 4 gallons .I always liked Gulf Stream and i have another 69 GT fast back that is factory Gulf Stream so i think i am covered for paint .I have 3 gallons of Black Jade that was given to me because the guy decided to go red and i have 3 gallons of Raven Black .It is hard  to decide just what car to paint what color but i have about three more cars almost ready for paint So i should have enough paint for all of them .

hmm, i have to check some of my car show pics as well, did the hood come with the shelby part#'s on the underside also, i think around the latch area?

Gulfstream is what my shelby is supposed to be, you better send me some nice wallpaper pics when its painted up.

hmm, i have to check some of my car show pics as well, did the hood come with the shelby part#'s on the underside also, i think around the latch area?

Gulfstream is what my shelby is supposed to be, you better send me some nice wallpaper pics when its painted up.

All i need is the time to paint . Yes the hood number is in front of the hood latch on the under bracing .

For some reason i can't load images anymore .

Been a while since i have been here LOL. Woo Hoo ,i found a 4 speed finally .I am doing some trading of body work for a 64 1/2 mustang and a 67 top loader with a hurst Shifter already installed. The 64 1/2 is very rough but it may be good enough to do a nother fast back conversion.It still has a very nice set of 64 1/2 headlight buckets and there is a bunch of new old stock ford parts inside it . I will send this 4 speed out to another buddy for rebuilding...totally different guy so this 4 speed will not disappear ..I know where he lives HAHAHA. Looks like i need to redo some pics . Thats right i am actually ,possibly, maybe starting in on it again .

I fired up the 351 today ,it started on the first spin .This thing sounds sweet  at a bit over 500 horses .It really shakes the shop .

With out the spin techs you would not be able to stand next to it . My genuine chrome Mr,gasket water neck split right down the casting line and leaks very nicely . Guess i will have to find a good factory water neck . I have a short video but my old computer is on its last leg and it will not load it .I will have to see if i can get someone to load it for me .

I found the water leak ,Turns out it is not a crack but a nice big hole .The water neck rotted away .The inside of the intake is spotless,and the thermostat is spotless,and so is the aluminum radiator on my start up stand , so i can't figure out why it dissolved like this .I am running 50 -50 antifreeze .

I found an original 69 aluminum housing  that is in pretty good shape so i will get a new gasket and bolt it on tomorrow .Nothing else is pitted or rotted like the housing is ,i wonder if it is just the type of metal it is made of.

post-42284-0-84320000-1460679398.jpg

post-42284-0-13689300-1460679510.jpg

post-42284-0-61042800-1460679611.jpg

I picked up my 4 speed today .It turns out to be for a 67 390, RUG M ,and it it is a wide ratio with 28 spline .Now to use it with a 351 i think i need a different pilot bearing ?

post-42284-0-85225700-1461625917.jpg

post-42284-0-05003800-1461626056.jpg

Someone  decided it was easier to cut off the Competition plus shifter arm than  just simply unbolt it .If they would have left the arm i could have tig welded it back because the weld would have been below the shift boot .Stupid things like this make me angry !

post-42284-0-63974300-1461626358.jpg

It looks like i have a set of Pro Car seats for the 69 .A friend of mine needed a set of 66 buckets and i had a decent set so he traded me the pro cars out of his 66 fast Back ..with a bit of cash from me .They look like new ,probably because he doesn't drive the car very often .Another item off the check list .

Looks like i am going to order new gears and an input shaft for old rusty /my top loader . This thing is going to move under its own power or my name isn't.... Fred !?? HAHA.

My turn .I ordered door panels ,ford tooling dash pad ,carpet ,headliner ,sun visors and a few odds and ends ,should be here next week. I am going to finish up this sucker this year or cut it into ity bity pieces . The 66 is gone ,the money is in my pocket and there is no more excuses not to geter done .Going to order the last three 245 -60 -15s  for the Shelby Steel wheels next week ,Then hunt down a 4 speed.... some where ,that isnt rusty inside !