Sign in to follow this  
bartzzimpson

Anyone shaved their radiator support panel?

I'm considering shaving about 1" off my radiator support panel so I can push my radiator further way from the engine and fit dual puller fans with shroud.

Anyone done this?

Would I modify the radiator saddle mounts or attach the radiator directly to the support panel somehow?

I'm considering shaving about 1" off my radiator support panel so I can push my radiator further way from the engine and fit dual puller fans with shroud.

Anyone done this?

Would I modify the radiator saddle mounts or attach the radiator directly to the support panel somehow?

Do you mean pushing the radiator support towards the grill? You could trim that area back but personally I would look for other solutions. It sounds like your radiator is fairly big so I think you would have to stick with the saddle mounts if you went this direction.

david

Do you mean pushing the radiator support towards the grill? You could trim that area back but personally I would look for other solutions. It sounds like your radiator is fairly big so I think you would have to stick with the saddle mounts if you went this direction.

david

latoracing did. Check out his build thread in the project progress page.

Bob

Not the same mod Bob. Latoracing did the "Trans-Am chop" on the radiator support but the fore/aft location is the same. I read the OP's request to shove the support forward an inch for rad fan clearance. Yucky! :scared:

latoracing did. Check out his build thread in the project progress page.

Bob

Not the same mod Bob. Latoracing did the "Trans-Am chop" on the radiator support but the fore/aft location is the same. I read the OP's request to shove the support forward an inch for rad fan clearance. Yucky! :scared:

Ah, now I understand :)

Bob

Ah, now I understand :)

Bob

Once again 69 stang website presents timely information exactly when i needed it. I doing this mod this weekend on mine to add clearance for a 4 core Alum rad and fans.

:thumbup1:

Once again 69 stang website presents timely information exactly when i needed it. I doing this mod this weekend on mine to add clearance for a 4 core Alum rad and fans.

:thumbup1: