970fizz

70 sportroof boss trans am style

its been some time since i posted on the project progress fourm, i had a 70 mach 1 351c auto, i was restoring into a street / track boss trans am themed mustang. in july a nice 70 grabber orange sport roof 315w 4 speed came up for sale in Denver CO, i took a weekend and 4 hr. drive to look at the car, I made the guy a offer and he took it.

After getting my new car home i swapped wheels, and put my black mach 1 up for sale.

[ATTACH]18263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18264[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18265[/ATTACH]

Edited by 970fizz

now that the mach 1 was sold i started the new project!!

I wanted to build a street / track trans am themed sport roof.

my new 70 sport roof was an orignal grabber orange 302 2v 3 speed car, the previous owner has a 1969 351w 4v with orignal shaker and a close raito top loader 4 speed built for tha car. he did a great job restoring the mustang, and from what he told me the car was a great survivor car and didn't need a ton of work.

the shaker was an orignal 69 shaker set up and 100% coplete, but not orignal to the car and wasn't what i wanted. i sold the shaker and put a new OEM tooling hood on the car. ( it fits great) changed the orignal autolite carb to a holley 600 with a 1 inch spacer and an Holman moody aircleaner. new headman short headers ( modified to fit ps and 4 speed) and 3" coustom dule side exit exhaust with SLP loud mouth 2 mufflers, and an h pipe. the 351 isnt stock, im not sure whats done but i can tell its a health built engine with a hot cam and alot of head work. (the sound is amazing!! and very loud.)

the interior was 100% complete but i made some changes. ditched the stock seats for a set of procar vintage seats and shelby R race lap belts. the car had a cheap steering wheel, and i changed it to a shelby cobra style wheel that was wrapped in black leather. the car had a hood tach, but i changed that to a nice auto meeter tach inside the car.

future interior plans are: add a roll bar, oil pressure and water temp, gauges, delete the stock radio and speakers ( the car is too loud to hear music anyway) maybe delete the center console and back seat.

[ATTACH]18266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18267[/ATTACH]

Edited by 970fizz

a few more pics, and a pic of the 17" PSE wheels i ordered for the car.

[ATTACH]18268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18270[/ATTACH]

Future plans are. Lower the car and improve the suspension, put my 17x8 / 9.5 pse wheels on with nitto 555 in 245/315

And a new paint job ( the stripes are painted on and must go!)

Edited by 970fizz

I was wondering what the specs are of the torque thrusts that are one the yellow Mustang?

I am very interested in the Torque Thrust wheels,tires and lugs. Any interest in selling them? Shipping to Redondo Beach 90277. Thanks!

I see you have your PSE 17" wheels and they look nice.

I was wondering what the specs are of the torque thrusts that are one the yellow Mustang?

I am very interested in the Torque Thrust wheels,tires and lugs. Any interest in selling them? Shipping to Redondo Beach 90277. Thanks!

I'm going to put the torque thrust wheels up for sale as soon as I get the PSE wheels on. Specs are 15x7 -6 offset and 15x8 0 offset

235 and 295 BFG tires that are new. Cobra automotive long lugs

And shelby flat caps. New I spent around $1400-1500

Make me an offer.

I'm going to put the torque thrust wheels up for sale as soon as I get the PSE wheels on. Specs are 15x7 -6 offset and 15x8 0 offset

235 and 295 BFG tires that are new. Cobra automotive long lugs

And shelby flat caps. New I spent around $1400-1500

Make me an offer.

15x7 -6 what does that equate to in terms of backspacing? 3.75 or 4.25 or?

15x8 0 offset with a tire that wide do they tuck under the fender lips or wheel well? Is the rear end the stock width?

Are these the original American Racing wheels U.S. made or the more current ones from China?

Thank you.

15x7 -6 what does that equate to in terms of backspacing? 3.75 or 4.25 or?

15x8 0 offset with a tire that wide do they tuck under the fender lips or wheel well? Is the rear end the stock width?

Are these the original American Racing wheels U.S. made or the more current ones from China?

Thank you.

The back will tuck under with stock axel ( may have to roll fender lip if your car sits low)

The 15x7 -6 is the same as 3.75. And the 15x8 0offset is 4.5.

I will have to take the wheel off to look at the backs and see where they were made.