Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

15x8 minilite wheels

I am going to order a set of Minilite wheels for my 70 Mustang 15x8. My question is to run 245/60/15 BFG Radials up front what backspacing do I need 4.25 or 4.50 inch? I have no issue going with a 235/60 tire I just want to make sure this will clear the upper ball joint/control arm. I will go with 255/60 out back.

Thanks in advance.

My 15x7s have 4.25 and they hit. I added a 1/4" spacer and did a little grinding at all is better. But I know others who have 4.25 with no issues. I don't know what the deal was with my car.

Edit: Nevermind-misread your wheel size. But you'll love the minilites. I have them and have never seen another mustang at a show with them.

Edited by rangerdoc
oops

I love minilites!! Almost bought a set earlier this year, I went with the PSE version of the minilite. They are made by vintage wheel works now and come in 15,16 and 17's.

For now I have 15x8 Torq thrust wheels on the back with a 295/50 and they fit with no rubbing