Sign in to follow this  
sidstang

Can I reuse my orig brake Junction box?

I have a 69 Mustang w/ orig 4 drum brakes. I have a set of orig front disc brakes I would like to install. I got a brake conv kit from Toms Classics on eBay, which included the booster, mc, pedal and prop valve-WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS! I am not sure if I should use the prop valve included in kit because it's adjustable. Do I keep my orig junction box? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

That's correct, you need a different proportioning valve for front disk brakes. Since you are installing original front disk brakes I would install an original proportioning valve for front disk brakes and be done with it, no tinkering and adjusting.

To answer your question,yes you can use the p valve that came with kit ..put it in series with the rear brake line.

Ok, so my understanding is that I have 2 options:

1. Use my original distributor block(Junction box) for drum brakes and install the new adj prop valve in the rear line.

2. Buy an original distributor block for a 69 w/front disc brakes.

Question? With option 2-it is my understanding that the distributor block is just a junction box that feeds all the lines to the mc. There is no proportioning valve in it. Is this correct? If so, would I also need a prop valve for this option?

that's what my dads has, power discs

where can one get one of those?

I don't know all who have them but there are new ones sold on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/310830246408?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ok, so my understanding is that I have 2 options:

1. Use my original distributor block(Junction box) for drum brakes and install the new adj prop valve in the rear line.

2. Buy an original distributor block for a 69 w/front disc brakes.

Question? With option 2-it is my understanding that the distributor block is just a junction box that feeds all the lines to the mc. There is no proportioning valve in it. Is this correct? If so, would I also need a prop valve for this option?

If you go option #2, and use the set up as shown in the photo (which is also the link above), you don't have to add anything. What you see in the link is complete and ready to go for front disk, rear drum set up. No additional proportioning valve is needed