Sign in to follow this  
69scode

License plate light mounting

Does anyone have a picture of the rear license plate light mounted. My car came in pieces and I'm not sure how the light mounts. It looks like it bolts to the bumper, but the light I have has a shield that appears to block the light from shining down. I have a diagram in the shop manual, but that just shows about where it goes.

I searched and didn't find my answer.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a picture of the rear license plate light mounted. My car came in pieces and I'm not sure how the light mounts. It looks like it bolts to the bumper, but the light I have has a shield that appears to block the light from shining down. I have a diagram in the shop manual, but that just shows about where it goes.

Thanks in advance.

And dont forget the rubber drip guard. Dont buy the CJP rubber one. Mine isnt a year or two old and is already cracking. Maybe some intertube rubber orr neoprene would be a better material

Mike

Can you talk about this rubber piece.

I installed my light without this rubber drip rail.

When I ordered the light, I ordered this rubber piece and have no idea where it goes. Anyone have pictures.

Thanks

And dont forget the rubber drip guard. Dont buy the CJP rubber one. Mine isnt a year or two old and is already cracking. Maybe some intertube rubber orr neoprene would be a better material

Mike

Can you talk about this rubber piece.

I installed my light without this rubber drip rail.

When I ordered the light, I ordered this rubber piece and have no idea where it goes. Anyone have pictures.

Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Here is another pic. Hope it is of some use. they do look tricky when they are disassembled and off the car.

I seem to recall they are a bit of a puzzle box to get into position., But it does in fact go into position with the bumper in place.

Best of luck.

IMG00774-20130818-2044-1.jpg