Sign in to follow this  
shaun071

Cobra Caliper Brackets/Baskets

Hi All,

I'm looking into doing the 13" Cobra front brake upgrade on my 69 coupe. Are the Cobra calliper brackets/baskets hard to find? I've found the calliper itself is the same one fitted to Aussie BA-BF Falcons with a different bracket so I was going to source the callipers and rotors here in Oz (they're available and close to US price) to save on freight costs.

Is the Mustangsteve kit a good one to use?

For rear brakes I was looking at the Vintage Venom Cobra kit. Any feedback on them would be good. I was looking at their front kit as well but my wheels are close to a stock 69 offset.

Cheers Shaun

Hi All,

I'm looking into doing the 13" Cobra front brake upgrade on my 69 coupe. Are the Cobra calliper brackets/baskets hard to find? I've found the calliper itself is the same one fitted to Aussie BA-BF Falcons with a different bracket so I was going to source the callipers and rotors here in Oz (they're available and close to US price) to save on freight costs.

For rear brakes I was looking at the Vintage Venom Cobra kit. Any feedback on them would be good. I was looking at their front kit as well but my wheels are close to a stock 69 offset.

Cheers Shaun

Hi All,

Cheers Shaun

I have the Vintage Venom GT500 front kit and fitment was great! i had to turn my new drum hubs due to them having extra casting but that was it. I did go with 70 forged spindles from Street or Track while i was changing out my factory 69 disc spindles. i have the Baer T4 kit from Gateway Classic Mustang.. was the most cost effective 13" rear kit i could find at the time. Both kits met my budget for 14" in the front and 13" in the back... that fit within 18" GT4 wheels.

Hi All,

Cheers Shaun

I have the Vintage Venom GT500 front kit and fitment was great! i had to turn my new drum hubs due to them having extra casting but that was it. I did go with 70 forged spindles from Street or Track while i was changing out my factory 69 disc spindles. i have the Baer T4 kit from Gateway Classic Mustang.. was the most cost effective 13" rear kit i could find at the time. Both kits met my budget for 14" in the front and 13" in the back... that fit within 18" GT4 wheels.

Contact Shaun at Street or Track, and he can help you out with what you need. I think he even has a reseller in country to you that may help on pricing and shipping.

http://www.streetortrack.com/Australian-Distributorship-p-10.html

I read this post because I have considered rear disc brakes on my Mach 1. I've always wondered how connecting the emergency brake cable is done. Are there any other methods than what is shown on Street or Track's website? The method they show using hardware store cable clamps is kind of "sketchy".

Contact Shaun at Street or Track, and he can help you out with what you need. I think he even has a reseller in country to you that may help on pricing and shipping.

http://www.streetortrack.com/Australian-Distributorship-p-10.html

I read this post because I have considered rear disc brakes on my Mach 1. I've always wondered how connecting the emergency brake cable is done. Are there any other methods than what is shown on Street or Track's website? The method they show using hardware store cable clamps is kind of "sketchy".