Sign in to follow this  
det0326

EOD 40 Transmission

I recently purchased a 1991 Bronco for the 5.8 engine to put into my 1969 mustang. I was hoping to use the tranny as well untill I found out that it was an EOD 40 rather than an AODE, I was going to use computer and all from the Bronco. Has any one tried to fit an EOD 40 into a early Mustang, will it physically fit? I know that I would have to find a tail shaft and housing from a 2 wheel drive such as a F150 because the Bronco is 4 wheel drive.

Thanks Dave

I have a 1995 F150 with a 5.8L and E4OD trans. It is 2 wheel drive and the trans is still so long I wouldn't think it will fit. That motor should be fuel injected. In 1995 Ford started using "Mass Air Fuel Injection" but in 1991 it was still the older "Speed Density" type of fuel injection. From what I know, speed density fuel injection systems do not tolerate well, if at all, engine modifications. Also, keep in mind, the 1991 351W block is not hydraulic roller cam compatible. Simply meaning the lifter bosses in the block were not made to accept OEM hydraulic roller lifters in conjunction with a standard base circle hydraulic roller cam.

Edited by 1969_Mach1