Sign in to follow this  
1969_Mach1

Recolor Holley Carb

I have the Eastwood paint. I am not happy with it. It comes off easily with any chemical. Smells like its just a lacquer paint. And I have tried calling Holley for a price and cannot get through on the phone. I found one source. The price is good, but they glass bead the carb parts fist. I guess that's their cleaning method. I've seen some pictures of their finished work. The color is pretty close to correct but it has a dull (flat) finish. I've never been a fan or glass beading carb parts and from what I have read it causes the dull recolored finish.

I have the Eastwood paint. I am not happy with it. It comes off easily with any chemical. Smells like its just a lacquer paint. And I have tried calling Holley for a price and cannot get through on the phone. I found one source. The price is good, but they glass bead the carb parts fist. I guess that's their cleaning method. I've seen some pictures of their finished work. The color is pretty close to correct but it has a dull (flat) finish. I've never been a fan or glass beading carb parts and from what I have read it causes the dull recolored finish.

And which company is this? B.

This was just a private party. I got the contact info from another person that does a lot of carb rebuilding and uses them for recoloring. I've seen the Caswell Plating DIY kits. From reading posts in forums about them it seems the DIY kit works. Everything I read says cleaning is the key issue. I read in several posts on cleaning that the sheen of the finished recoloring is greatly determined by how smooth the prepped surface is. Glass beading produces a dull finish and a smooth surface produces a somewhat semi-gloss sheen more similar to Holley's current Dichromate finish.

And which company is this? B.

This was just a private party. I got the contact info from another person that does a lot of carb rebuilding and uses them for recoloring. I've seen the Caswell Plating DIY kits. From reading posts in forums about them it seems the DIY kit works. Everything I read says cleaning is the key issue. I read in several posts on cleaning that the sheen of the finished recoloring is greatly determined by how smooth the prepped surface is. Glass beading produces a dull finish and a smooth surface produces a somewhat semi-gloss sheen more similar to Holley's current Dichromate finish.