Sign in to follow this  
69R-CODE

69 Fastback Roof Rail Channel

I am in serious need of a passenger side roof rail channel. I have two driver side channels and would be willing to trade if need be. Or If I have to buy as a pair, that is not a problem. I found a picture of the part I need from another post on this site for ref.

Also, I am still looking for the upper pivot rods for quarter glass fastback (Also attached).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a source?

Thanks,

I have an extra set of channels. I have a 69 mach parts car that should still have quarter glass intact. Would have to check condition on that pivot. Let me know if you don't find it anywhere else first.

Am I wrong but doesn't CJ Pony list those? I think that they have the pictures for the coupe transposed with the listing for the fastback. Or am I way off base? Are you guys talking about the drip rail itself and not the molding? Dave R.

Edited by Dave R.
addition

Am I wrong but doesn't CJ Pony list those? I think that they have the pictures for the coupe transposed with the listing for the fastback. Or am I way off base? Are you guys talking about the drip rail itself and not the molding? Dave R.

Edited by Dave R.
addition

I have kept quiet on this post for a while because many people in general have a bad taste for ebay parts sellers. I do sell parts on ebay but not as a business - just a hobby I stumbled into buying a basket case, and selling them out a 15x15 room in my basement to make a few bucks to sink back into the hobby. So I try not to mix my parts sales and the forum posts as to not raise the blood pressure of those who think that somebody is only here to sell parts and make money. This also allows me to enjoy this forum as a member sharing, asking for help, and helping others - and keep the parts sales separate.

But I cant keep quiet on this. I sure hope I am wrong - and I definitely hope the guy that sold those on fleabay is honest - because I just now looked at the fleabay ad in the link on posting #10, and those do not look like fastback channels to me. They look to have a sharper corner where the top of the window radiusses down and slopes to the door. The coupe ones are a sharp corner like this. The fastback ones are more of a radius. The fastback ones also have a "bend" where the C channel stops so they can bend sharp at the rear quarter window. I think the guy that sold these needs to be a stand up guy and make it right (full refund) as he sold coupe retainers advertised as fastback.

That being said - there are 2 more sets on fleabay right now. One very nice for $600 and one set that needs a little work but is still decent for $350. The $350 ones are mine, and I will stand by them that they are for a fastback. I have sold many parts to guys on this forum and I stand by everything I have sold.

I'm not responding here to make a sale. They will sell regardless. But I do wish I had responded before and possibly had averted this. I'm just letting you know the others are not correct, and if you want mine, I'll stand by them. Not sure about shipping overseas tho - the box will be fragile enough just to make it in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Mustang-FASTBACK-Roof-Rail-Door-Weatherstrip-Channel-Trim-Mach-Boss-/400829057554?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d53460a12&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Mach-I-Mustang-Fastback-Matched-pair-of-roofrail-weatherstrip-retainers-/111524822878?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19f765bf5e&vxp=mtr

Edited by jwscarab