390mach1

18" or 17" Wheels

I found some wheels that are 17x9.5 with a -4mm OS & 5" Back Space for the rear and they say they will fit, but Im running 18x10 with +25.4mm OS and 6.5" BS and they almost DONT fit so how in the hell will their wheels fit LOL... Granted its 1/2" narrower but the BS is 1.5" less which pushes the wheel out more...

What is the safe BS to go with on a 9.5" rim

42ITUS what BS are you running? It took me forever to pull the trigger but I'm pretty happy.

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know. A friend of mine helped me figure out the backspace. The model number is vn4277956557 if that says anything.

My update - I got 17x8 enkei kojin's (w/ 35mm offset) wrapped in Nitto INVO 245/45R17

and with a 1.25" adapter - they fit PERFECTLY

However i was not paying attention and the center bore for my adapters i bought are 74mm so they're not resting on the center.

I'll probably want to swap them out with ones that fir OR should i get centering rings?

I measured my center bore and its 61.5mm - is that correct? Im reading its supposed to be 70.5.   And the bore of the rim is 72.6 (but the adapters I got dont have a lip so that didn't come into play. . 

I understand it should be sitting on it for safety - just want to make sure I get the right setup.

h5DAeer.jpg

21vYdrG.jpg

I have finally gotten to the point where I am concerned and addressing stance issues. To refresh, this car is running Vintage Venom adaptors for the '04 Cobra brakes. Anthracite torque thrust deep dish Wheels are 8 inch front and 10.5 rear.

45471653COMBO2.jpg

I have just completed the wheel alignment. During that it was noted that the driver side rim has bumped the factory upper control arm and the '04 caliper. The rub mark was notiable, but very faint. Too close for comfort, so I will be dropping in a 3mm spacer to gain the clearance.

100_0737.jpg

I like the look so far

100_0738.jpg

100_0741.jpg

The rear rims do not extend past the wheel well

100_0739.jpg

But I did note that the rear driver tire touched the chrome trim in the wheel well when going over a large bump. It was on the driver side, which sits slightly lower than the passenger side for some reason. I now have to figure out how I am going to address that issue. Perhaps just an old school shackle kit. I note that the stance is not right yet.

IMG_20150609_215233.jpg

But I'm working on it..

Fantastic!

Got my wheels in last night. they look awesome! hoping for my tires to get in tomorrow, they fit good snug but I'm hoping I ordered the right BS and everything every expensive to screw up :(

- 17X8 BS: 4.75

- 17X9.5 BS: 5.75

Tires are

- 245/45/17 - Front

- 275/40/17 - Rear.

What do you guys think?

Looks great and you did exactly what I'm thinking of doing.

Do you mind sharing which brand they are and if you had to get a custom offset?

I assume you could also go with 17x8 on all 4 just as well.

I'd like to see more pictures with larger wheels.

I'm wanting to change to 17 or 18" wheel, I'm leaning towards a Pro Touring looking but I can't seem to find anything out there better looking than my 15" Magnum 500's.

I'm not that crazy about the AR500's, they give the car more of a Hot Wheels looks, but it might be one that I'd have to pick if I want to keep close to a Magnum look.

I like the Billet Specialties.

Here's the Razor

MR65-RAZOR-GMG-F-01_zpseorsiddx.png

Here's the Hydro

MR35-HYDRO-BSG_F-01_zpsglvbqupt.png

Which one would you choose for my car?

970fizz where did you get the Minilites in 17" size?  Love this discussion and just like many here I am looking at my options for wheels and contemplating a 17 or 18" wheel.

Here's a pic of mine from 6 years ago. 17x7 front, 18x9.5 rear. 225/45/17 and 275/40/18. I will most likely be getting new wheels in the future because I want a wider rear wheel.  Ill keep the 17 and 18 inch combo though because I like the staggered look.

post-7906-0-59152300-1468969804.jpg