390mach1

18" or 17" Wheels

I know this has been done before but I'd really like to see peoples cars with 17" or 18" Wheels. my car is close to being finished at the body guys house and I'm looking at wheels now. I'd like 18X10 in the rear but might not be able to fit. I didn't roll the quarter lips. I did pie my front inner wheel well. and maybe a 18X7 in the front. Also please let me know what BS your running along with size!

Thanks!

I am running 18x10 (275/45 or 40) 6.5 inch BS on rear.

18x9 on front 245/?? tire on front. I have Mustang Steve brake conversion and a 1 inch spacer. Front is 6.5 inch back spacing. No rubbing as of yet, but I plan on lowering the car 2 inches this winter. Car isn't painted and the fenders are coming off. So I can beat, pound or roll them as I need.

picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=2072

I think 17" is ideal and pushes it as far as I would like to venture away fronm the orginal 15". There is a good selection of tire sizes and wheels in 17 but may also be in 18 too. Generally I think 17" may be more universally accepted as the "modernized" norm.

Edited by miketyler

Miketyler I love the stance for your car can you tell me more about it?

Im sure Mike will tell you all about it, im also sure he gets a lot of ppl asking that question, I was one of them, lol.

It was Mike that kinda helped me make my mind up on deep dish 17" rims and 315 tires for my car.

The specs on my wheels....17" original ford mach1 rims up front.

Rears are 17"x10.5" with 315 35 17 tires.

Specs on the rear wheel is 6.9 backspacing with 27mm offset.

Fitted with no mods other than a 1" adapter/spacer.

I did however decide to make more clearance on the forward edge of the inner wheel tub while my floor was out.

Im about to weld in a new one piece floor which has been slightly modified (narrowed) between the wheel tubs.

This is my '69 Mach I, with 18's to clear the Vintage Venom Cobra brake setup. It runs 10.5" deeps in the rear and 8" in the front with no body or suspension mods. I'll be tinkering to get the stance correct once the car is fully assembled.

1969%20mustang%20fastback2.jpg

This is my '69 Mach I, with 18's to clear the Vintage Venom Cobra brake setup. It runs 10.5" deeps in the rear and 8" in the front with no body or suspension mods. I'll be tinkering to get the stance correct once the car is fully assembled.

1969%20mustang%20fastback2.jpg

Do you have any side pictures? Do the wheels stick out? What are the BS on the wheels?

This is the money ! Mike nailed the look I like if going for bigger rims & the lower stance. Even squeezed the 315's in there that a lot of people say can't be done without tubing. I inspire to get this look (some day :001_rolleyes:.) I am still a little partial to the smaller rims more meat as Juit says if the car is done right.

image.php?u=21970&type=sigpic&dateline=1407621509

This is the money ! Mike nailed the look I like if going for bigger rims & the lower stance. Even squeezed the 315's in there that a lot of people say can't be done without tubing. I inspire to get this look (some day :001_rolleyes:.) I am still a little partial to the smaller rims more meat as Juit says if the car is done right.

image.php?u=21970&type=sigpic&dateline=1407621509

Awesome rubber width mike! Specs please! I need wider rubber :thumbup1:

The evil twin what type of suspension are you running? What are the BS on your wheels?

I'll have to look it up, I don't have the specs on me. They are Coys Wheels. I have 5 leaf reverse eye lowering leaf springs on the rear with an additional 1" lowering block. Basically a stock style type set up for the most part. The fronts are some stiff springs that I'm pretty sure were cut. They were pretty much the only thing that the previous owner did right.

How about 17" and 18" :)

These are 17X8 and 18X10 that fit the 94-04 stang. Running a 1" spacer up front. Rolled fender lip in front and rear, done at the body shop when in paint. No spacer out back. Running 245/45 and 285/35 out back

20140618_173338_zpsa7bc4ea3.jpg