Sign in to follow this  
Maui Shtang

Door window actuator

Yes, I'd say the regulator is defective.

Inside the housing of the splined shaft that the handle mounts there are parts that are supposed to stop the regulator. It has been a while since I had one apart, but I think there are springs that are supposed to push two parts similar to brake shoes against the inside of the housing.

Had this happen on both sides of my '67 Fairlane's original regulators and I swapped the guts out of some used but good '69 regulators to fix the problem.

Doug

Sorry I used the wrong term.

Please help answer a question regarding the door window on a 69 Mustang Coupe.

I replaced the regulator and now the window slides up or down without using the handle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

If I understand your question. when you roll the window up and let go of the crank handle it will go back down by it self. If this is correct there is a flat coil spring on the actuator that keeps tension on the actuator mechanism make sure it is still connected properly. If the glass is really loose in the door like nothing is holding it there is a chance the glue that holds it to the brackets may have come loose.

Edited by det0326