Sign in to follow this  
TimFF

A small classic car show in the UK

So having had my Mach 1 for a few months now and not done much other than drive it around the countryside I thought I'd go to my first show with it.

Off we went to one run by a hospice who looked after my father some 7 years ago now. It was held at the wonderfully named Tripes Farm.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised by the range and quantity of cars, and better still - got asked to be part of the American parade in the arena. I didn't get the choice of what I was parked in front of either!

There were a couple of other 60's Mustangs there too, though we were scattered about. I did manage to speak to the owner of the white GT350 clone but the others weren't by their cars when I occasionally ventured away from mine - I was being rather protective of it!

I also spent a bit of time chatting to a guy who has a 65 under restoration and who also turned out to be a slightly better photographer than I - have a look at his images here:

There was a pretty eclectic selection there from a husband and wife who brought a car each, a Mercury Colony Park (ex UAE and fitted out for camping) and a Caddy (she only drove the wagon for the first time that day!) which had taken a bit of time to get running smoothly

IMG_6447.jpg

to the traditional Morris Minor pickup although the interior wasn't exactly standard and I rather suspect it's a bit different under the metalwork too...

IMG_6458.jpg

via 'traditional' American

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

IMG_6454.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

to the more unusual (there's a Tesla saloon behind the pickup)

IMG_6451.jpg

to our versions of hotrods (and note the Ram lurking in the background, towering over a couple of old Triumphs)

IMG_6466.jpg

And next to me was this Plymouth Satellite which had been owned by the same guy for 34 or so years. Both are lined up at the front, I hadn't appreciated how big these Mopars are!

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

and then there's always someone that thinks out of the box - of all the cars you could find and modify this lil old Honda wouldn't have even been on my list!

IMG_6463.jpg

Next week it's off to a breakfast meet at a heritage railway; after that's probably the Goodwood Vee Power Breakfast meet - weather permitting of course.

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

That's one of the things I like most about the car hobby, no matter where you live in this world or what language you speak or even if you drive on the wrong side of the road, car guys are car guys everywhere you go and someone always has something cool to show.

I actually prefer something like this to an all ford or all mustang show.