Sign in to follow this  
rmarks

70 Conv Rear Quarter Glass Measurement

I'm swapping my glue in glass for bolt in and found that the 69 and 70 rear quarter glass is different and coupe and convertible glass are different too. I bought a set off ebay that said were 70 convertible but look to wide like the 69 or a coupe.

Can someone with a 70 vert measure the width across the quarter glass from the widest part (pointy edge).

I have a set of each and they are different. I think it's about an inch. The difference is the width of the stainless weatherstrip molding because it's on the front window in 69 and the back window in 70. I'm on my way out the door right now but I have pics and can get the exact measurements when I have a little more time.

Here are some pics of the '69 vs '70 glass. Sorry for the poor quality. FYI, coupes and verts are the same, in spite of some claims to the contrary. Cougar glass is different and is often confused for Mustang glass, or assumed to be the same.

Front:

attachment.php?attachmentid=17979&d=1411267900

Rear ('69 is on top of a '70, it's hard to see, look closely):

attachment.php?attachmentid=17980&d=1411267934

Here are some pics of the '69 vs '70 glass. Sorry for the poor quality. FYI, coupes and verts are the same, in spite of some claims to the contrary. Cougar glass is different and is often confused for Mustang glass, or assumed to be the same.

There is a difference between coupe and convertible quarter glass in spite of some claims to the contrary.

Link http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9151&highlight=convertible+glass

I took the pics in the link above and there is a difference. I am not saying that you can't interchange them but you may have a hard time making them line up properly