Sign in to follow this  
Black_69_FB

Anybody tried this new hood molding?

Daniel Carpenter piece...

http://www.kentuckymustang.com/product_p/3029.htm

"This is a brand new just reproduced original Ford hood molding of the 1969 Mustang. Manufactured by Daniel Carpenter here in the USA on the same ORIGINAL tooling as they were back in 1969. The aluminum is polished and bright anodized just like originals. Foreign made mouldings are usually made from very soft aluminum because it is easier to form but they bend and dent real easy. These are made from the correct material that is much harder."

3029-6T.jpg?1410531695

Got mine on Friday. It fits very well. Here are some photos of it installed but they really don't do it justice.

That looks pretty darn nice! Thanks for the photos!

Any idea if there is a 70 version in the wings?

I know everyone is pretty excited about the new 69 hood lip and I do hope it is going to live up to expectations. The one that is on my car looks just fine, OE or reproduction I don't know, but does have one thing that does look crappy. The fit is fine but the down side of the nosing does have a large bulge to it. Does the new reproduction have this poorly shaped bend ? Brian

Mine has no bulge on the center bottom. The ends fit perfect!!!!!!! Worth every penny. The anodizing really makes it pop. Material is thick and hard like the original. Not that tin foil feel of the others . went on with ease ...fit perfect!!!:tt1:

I know everyone is pretty excited about the new 69 hood lip and I do hope it is going to live up to expectations. The one that is on my car looks just fine, OE or reproduction I don't know, but does have one thing that does look crappy. The fit is fine but the down side of the nosing does have a large bulge to it. Does the new reproduction have this poorly shaped bend ? Brian
yikes get that off of that beauty of a car you have .You will be glad you did!!

I spoke to someone at Carpenters and the 70 is in the works from original tooling,,, cost$$$$ to get the old tooling back up and running quality parts ..be patient its coming they said .. I wish they sold direct ...

My issue is with the clips that hold the molding on. I cant tell you how many times they have slipped and came loose. Or the wire pops out of the molding underneath.

How are clips you received with the new molding?

Steve69

No clips with the new molding. At least not the one I got from Kentucky Mustangs. I have personally stopped using those clips you are refering to, as like you, I didn't seem to get good results with those. I use custom made threaded studs and nuts, with a backing plate welded to them. They work perfectly. I'll post a picture later.

G