Sign in to follow this  
bomccorkle

which front chin spoiler?

When I put a 69 spoiler on my 69 front valance, couple weeks ago, there where 3 holes in the spoiler for the three lower valance bolts, and then, I had to drill both spoiler and valance to add 10 or 12 screws that make the fit real snug. I had the car on a lift during the operation and to be honest, I had imagined this to be a simpler task. The last thing you want being a crooked looking spoiler...

Not sure about the differences with a 70, though.

G

Edited by Guillaume69

So no marker lights ? Mounting requires some team work. I would go with the 70 reproduction and follow the instructions. Brian

No sir. None at all. Car has a nice clean shave all the way around. Too bad getting rid of the back markers wasn't as easy as the front....

Well you know I have always like the look the underbody lights give off at night. Might be a use for those abandoned/vacant marker light harness's ? Brian

The car is going to have an aftermarket 21 circut and I had thought of just never running those wires, but now..... Im so stealing your idea:)

The Ford engineers improved the design in 70, as they found the 3 fasteners of the 69 didn't hold up too well to parking spot curbs and the such (thats my theory anyways). They increased the number of fasteners to something like 12 in 70 as well as change the texture and increase the thickness of the spoiler.