Sign in to follow this  
Devo622

Rimblow Steering Wheel Question

Good morning,

I am in the process of replacing a standard 1969 steering wheel to a rimblow steering wheel (a stupid ridiculously expensive choice on my part) and I was wondering if anyone knows if the rimblow uses a horn contact kit and horn spring that is used for the Standard steering wheel. Replacing the switch was enough of a pain so I figured I would come here to get a quick answer instead of trial and error.

I was under the impression that since the switch is in the steering wheel itself that no spring or horn contact kit would be needed.

If anyone has any experience to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Good question. I have done a little fooling around with mine with little success. What I have learnt so far is that it is a matter of adjustment at the 4 screws in the center of the wheel. My rim blow did work and may need a new $100 switch so this project is on hold. By testing the screws with my circuit tester I get a response but not from the switch connection at the lower right rim soldered connection. So; continuity everywhere except the one spot. Ergo the switch does not have continuity and thus bad ? Brian

By testing the screws with my circuit tester I get a response but not from the switch connection at the lower right rim soldered connection. So; continuity everywhere except the one spot. Ergo the switch does not have continuity and thus bad ? Brian

Brian, not to hijack the thread but you may have a cold solder. Hit the area with a soldering iron until the solder flows and is more shiny looking. It may fix your problem. Of course, disconnect the battery first!