Sign in to follow this  
malcolm300

closing gap on the rear bumper

It does take some shimming, tweaking and adjusting to get a nice fit. I spent a good several hours to get mine lined up where all gaps are equal like Brian’s car. However, the quality of the bumper also matters. There were / are different manufacturers, and as we all know, not all parts are created equal. I’ve seen some terribly fitting repops.

Curious about the Massive gap. Where is it ? Brian

The reason I am planning on going with snug fit fiberglass is in your last picture from the side. The gap between the bumper and qtr extension. Mine fits like yours, however mine is rusty and if I keep I plan on blasting it and painting it to match the car. Instead I think I will go with a snug fit.

Yes Mustangstofear that is the fit we ALL want LOL...Gonna shorten your screen name up to "MTF" haha.

So whats that nice piece of work cost ?

I installed a repop rear with factory brackets and it SUCKS the more I shim and tweak the worse it gets LOL

Most people already refer to us as MTF. We use the same style of mounting bracket as Ford did, we make it simple. What we do now for better alignment is not bond the brackets in any of our bumpers. This way you can bolt the brackets to the body as tight as you want, then fit the bumper. Next pull the bumper off apply the structural adhesive to the brackets, then tape the bumper in place. Cost is 295.00