Sign in to follow this  
bigperm2

Interesting ebay car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Base-Convertible-2-Door-1969-ford-mustang-convertible-rare-with-351-windsor-/171458773289?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27ebbd4129&item=171458773289&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I like this car! The marti report shows a custom paint color. I am a little curious if anyone has heard of special paint colors in Michigan, and if anyone knows what the color would have been? California had the "rainbow of colors" promotion and Denver had special paint colors in 68. I can't buy it, but am curious what y'all think!

It is an interesting car (of course, I'm partial to verts) but there's a few red flags there. It may have been a Ford executive car, given the Ann Arbor DSO, early production date, and all the rare optional goodies: custom color, 351-4V, power discs, heavy duty suspension, F70-14 tires, AM/FM stereo, and high back buckets.

What bothers me is the white interior (it should be black), those door panels don't look like anything from a Mustang, and he states the disc brakes are now drums (which picture #4 confirms). Although the rare stereo and high back buckets are present. Maybe a VIN swapped shell or something?

Looks like someone swapped in an original white '70 Cougar interior into this car ... especially if it really has Leather (no leather option for Mustang).

Give away that it is '70 is the seat back latches are not up where they should be for '69 ... can't see them at all in pic so they got to be low like a '70.

Zoomed in on the Radio, and it is just your basic AM (not the RARE AM/FM).

Doug

Good catch on the interior details, Doug. Now I'm really inclined to believe somebody did a VIN swap. Somebody should ask the seller for a pic of the fender stamped VIN.

1970 Cougar:

70hibacks.jpg

Edited by 69RavenConv

It is a suspicious car but I don't see anything here that couldn't point to a car that was once modded, left for dead, swiped and swapped with other parts and now being sold off vs. a car that was VIN swapped. A lot of stuff can happen over 45 years.

With all the verts that have been popping up out of the woodwork lately maybe the potential new owner will find his way here and we'll get some inside scoop.