Sign in to follow this  
Guest redlordamazon

69 S Code Mach 1

Guest redlordamazon

Cleaned up New wheels exhaust etc.

image_zps6f6c8035.jpg

Edited by redlordamazon

Guest redlordamazon

My friend installed a NOS shelby console back in the 80's. The console and wheels are the only non original parts on the car.

stakeys044_zpseb29405e.jpg

Edited by redlordamazon
Add picture

Guest redlordamazon
Easier now that I see the plate, if you are upstate I hope to see around!

Sorry, I am on Long Island. Maybe one day somewhere. Carlisle Ford Nationals? Who knows.

Guest redlordamazon
Nice to see another close ratio 390 on forum. What was your build location,date etc. Mine is a San Jose Feb 1969 build.

My car is a San Jose car as well build date is Jan 22, 1969 power disc brakes, tinted glass, fold down rear seat, 3:25 rear. Sold at Jim Snow Ford Paramount Ca. I am the third owner my friend had the car from 1978 to 2013. He purchased it from the original owners.

Very nice & unique car and story !!

Noticed the "blank" trunk lid stripe (no "mach 1" cut out), which is always an indicator to an early production "original paint" car. Don't know exactly when Ford switched over to the later style stripe but I would have guessed it would have been before Jan 22 ... interesting !!

Doug

Guest redlordamazon

Noticed the "blank" trunk lid stripe (no "mach 1" cut out), which is always an indicator to an early production "original paint" car. Don't know exactly when Ford switched over to the later style stripe but I would have guessed it would have been before Jan 22 ... interesting !!

Doug

Thanks. The end caps are fiberglass also a sign of a early car from what I am told.

Doug

I will check my original trunk tomorrow, but I believe my original trunk has same stripe without mach. Its a first week feb 1969 built at San Jose plant could it be they had leftovers?

Thanks. The end caps are fiberglass also a sign of a early car from what I am told.

Mine are metal. What is the bottom paint on your car? Mine is very dark gray almost black. San Jose was known to have different underside paint color. Do you have more pictures of car, engine etc. Does your car have C9AF-K distributor?

Guest redlordamazon
Mine are metal. What is the bottom paint on your car? Mine is very dark gray almost black. San Jose was known to have different underside paint color. Do you have more pictures of car, engine etc. Does your car have C9AF-K distributor?

Bottom of car is the dark gray almost black I have not really analyzed it all that good. The engine bay needs some TLC as looks like a unrestored engine bay painted valve covers not chrome. The car still has it tag on it. I have not looked at the number on the distributor and I had it out to prime the oil pump when I started the car after it sat all those years. I will take a look to see. It is missing the original air cleaner. My friend said he might have it somewhere. He has a garage full of parts used, NOS etc. mostly big block engine items.

Welcome. If the car is as clean in person as it looks in pictures I sure hope you can keep as much of that original stuff in tact as possible. Anyone can restore a car but I'd take original paint and interior etc. with minor flaws over a perfect restoration any day.

If you do need to restore things I hope you can photograph and document as much of it as possible and start an album here for everyone's future reference.