Sign in to follow this  
Devo622

Dumb Question

I know this may seem dumb but I am in the process of restoring my gauges in my 69 mach 1 and since I have never seen the dash light up at night I am not sure what color the gauges are supposed to be. I see these LED kits in blue green red but I just want to know what color is the factory hue. Again I apologies for the dumb question but i can't seem to find what I am looking for on Google. I just want to replace the bulbs and the filter lens to appear factory.

The original bulbs may have been clear, but don't they light up in blue/green/red depending on the location? For example, most bulbs themselves fit behind these blue plastic coverings. I recall a couple being behind red and green plastic coverings. I've never actually seen mine light up yet though. :whistling:

instrumentcluster3_zps53900cdc.jpg

The light will still be greenish. We forget old incandescent bulbs cast a yellowish light. Yellow through blue covers makes green. The newer the covers, the more blue-green. White LED's through blue covers make a more true blue. Of course if you go messing with LED's you can pick your colors and skip the covers if you like.