Sign in to follow this  
Mvh0477

Paint colors

Has anyone used any of the newer mustang paint colors. I'm looking at maybe using the new ruby red metallic, red candy apple metallic or the fire red metallic on my 69 convertible but not sure since I haven't seen any older mustangs with those colors on them. I'm going with a black top and black interior.

Thanks

when I decided to paint my car, the original color was lime gold... with that being said, my car isn't a rare model, like a cobrajet etc... it was pretty much a standard coupe with ur basic essentials. so I went with Metallic silver cuz i felt the cars lines would pop more and give it more the aggressive look.

now if your trying to be original, which is not bad but IMO every show I went too every car had the same generic color and I wanted to stand out.

if you like it that color on a newer car I'm sure it will be great on an older car.

Paint it whatever colour you want, i wouldn't hesitate even if it was a rare cobra jet. you can always repaint it back to original. I didn't buy my 69 to resell it for a profit, it's to keep. My fastback was orignally gold/gold nugget interior and there was no way that i would own a car in that colour so i painted it 1990 twilight blue with a black interior. i will be repainting it the newer ford Kona blue that was on the newer mustangs. i especially liked that colour on the super snake with the black trim

Edited by 69cat&stang

I also want to change the color of my Mustang when the time comes for paint. My car was originally meadowlark yellow which to me is a terrible color. I am trying to decide between grabber blue, chrome yellow, or gotta have it green.