55Mach1

How to convert windshield wipers to a more modern blade design, anybody do this?

I still have the original stainless wiper arms with the horrible original blades. they work terrible. I want to convert the arm or the blade assembly to something beefier and better.

does anyone here have suggestions on parts i can order?

I had regular linked arms... I believe everything you need to mount them follow with the blade. Just buy the correct length. The arms themselves isn't any different from cars up to the 2010s..

8090651236_bd1c25a667_b.jpg

I had regular linked arms... I believe everything you need to mount them follow with the blade. Just buy the correct length. The arms themselves isn't any different from cars up to the 2010s..

8090651236_bd1c25a667_b.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what arms did you end up using on your car? Something available in Europe or did you decide on something from another US model?

Great car!

Those were actually on the car when I imported it from the states back in 2004. I think I change them once after that. The car is dissasembled now, so I'll go look for the wiper arms/blades and see what brand they are.

After thinking more about this thread, and remembering that the last time I used my wipers, the wiper blade came out of the blade holder, and almost resulted in a scratched windshield, I decided to go modern.

I used Trico Exact Fit 16-1, FTR 16-1, number code below bar code is 27998 00161.

I removed the original wiper blade holder from the original arm (mine is the bayonet type), fitted the Trico on the original arm. It was a very tight fit. I like the look as these are not a bulky looking as some other blades. Cost was about 9 bucks each at Advantage Auto.

After thinking more about this thread, and remembering that the last time I used my wipers, the wiper blade came out of the blade holder, and almost resulted in a scratched windshield, I decided to go modern.

I used Trico Exact Fit 16-1, FTR 16-1, number code below bar code is 27998 00161.

I removed the original wiper blade holder from the original arm (mine is the bayonet type), fitted the Trico on the original arm. It was a very tight fit. I like the look as these are not a bulky looking as some other blades. Cost was about 9 bucks each at Advantage Auto.