Sign in to follow this  
chaosrob

Added power windows and took some pictures

My problem with my windows (glue in) is they slap around side to side in the door over every bump and rattle and make tons of noise. The doors and all window hardware are new, the glue is still holding.

So.. are bolt in windows any better in terms of how solid they are mounted? Or will they still rattle around like the glue ins.

If your windows rattle as bad as you describe I would assume something is either missing, worn, loose, or broken in your door. I have seen on a video from west coast cougar where they show that the new window guides everyone sells are not thick enough and will not hold tight against the rod they slide on and will cause the window to have slop and rattle. If you replaced them all, that may be your problem. If your belt line at the top of the door is missing or badly worn it could be the issue too.

Nice writeup!

Regarding the question about controlling the passenger window from the drivers side, I would think a hidden toggle switch could direct the power from the drivers window switch to the drivers or passenger door window motor. Similar idea to how drivers and passenger power door mirrors on controlled by the driver on new cars. It might take a relay or two since multiple wires are involved (up/down).

Does anyone know why I cannot view anything in this stream, other than the text? I can read what people write, but the windows chaosrob wrote are blank.

are you viewing from work? the images are hosted on a image hosting site. A lot of workplaces block such sites which would prevent the pictures from loading.

are you viewing from work? the images are hosted on a image hosting site. A lot of workplaces block such sites which would prevent the pictures from loading.

Yes, that explains it. I get on most days during lunch and check up on projects, and provide my worthless comments when I can.

I am new here but not to the Mustangs. Nice write up on the windows. For those thinking about how to lower the passenger window from the drivers side, I suggest the express power down relay used on newer cars. I know several have done this on the Fox bodies with existing power windows. You could wire it so both windows use the one touch down relay. Just a thought. I could look it up on the FEP site if anyone is interested.

Excellent write up.

Is there a way to control the PSGR window from the driver's side?

American Express....don't leave home without it

I've been working on a design for my own crank handle switch that will control the passenger window as well. My design will have two sets of switches in the drivers switch box. The shaft that holds the window crank will be able to be pulled out perpendicular to the shaft to allow you to control the passenger side and push it back in for the drivers window. I have to get my mill up and running before I can start on this future project.

Jim