Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Bracket

What is the little bracket that sit on the firewall lip with three holes in it for.

It sits on the drivers side in the engine compartment.

I still have this on my old firewall that is in my scrap pile, do I need it before I scrap all my metal?

What is the little bracket that sit on the firewall lip with three holes in it for.

It sits on the drivers side in the engine compartment.

I still have this on my old firewall that is in my scrap pile, do I need it before I scrap all my metal?

If you are talking about the bracket that is sandwiched between the firewall and cowl I think it is for securing part of the wiring harness. I seem to recall that it had a band that went around the harness with a plastic stud that pushed through one of the holes. I can't remember which harness tho maybe windshield wiper motor or hood scoop turn signals.

Dave

If its the 3 hole tab that I'm thinking of you shouldn't need it..I did a lot of searching on it and couldn't find anything that would attach to it, but that doesn't mean I'm right....I used mine to attach the reservoir for the hydro clutch...