Sign in to follow this  
70-DropTop

Ideas for center hand brake cables

I have a center parking brake handle out of an 05-09 (s197) stang with 99-04 (sn95) cobra rear disc brakes in my 70 convertible and i need a solution to what parking brake cables to use. I've seen this done a couple times, but no mention on what cables they used. I'll explain my plan later on why this combo.

1) S197 cables?

2) SN95 cables

3) lokar universal cables

4) something else?

Thanks folks! Love the ideas generated here so I'm hoping someone has an idea that works!

Lokar seems like a good option since they are cut to fit.

I found a 2005 Wrecked Convertable in the junk yard a few days ago...Still had the brakes and suspension under it, along with the seats but dash was gone if I recall along with the console... Any of the suspension stuff from 2005 or brakes work on our cars?

I want that steering wheel in my 69 but dont know if i can adapt it

I ended up ordering the Lokar EC-80FUTB. Supposedly it works for the SN95 cobra rear disc brakes, comes with necessary brackets and are cut to length. Will let you know in a couple weeks after I get them and mount them to the car.

This all goes back to wanting cup holders, center parking brake (became more of a need than want), and having a manual tranny. I did a lot of research and came across a guy on VMF that goes by Rudolph Schenker that had the ticket. Here's a link to his thread on the topic. He has an amazing ride. Check it out:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/651741-custom-console-im-working-3.html