Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

'70 Coupe Rear Window Molding Clip Location

So on my '69 Coupe, I decided that I did not want to go with the big fat window trim molding it came with so I had that area worked on during body and paint. They did a fantastic job cleaning that area up.

I have the '70 Coupe rear window molding ready to be installed after the window is in.

Problem is that there are no posts to attach the clips to. I have seen an outstanding You Tube video that shows a very detailed plan on how to install the '70 Coupe Rear Glass. From that video I was able to see the locations of these clips and did some screen shots of them.

So with the pix and the molding I was able to lay out what I believe are the locations for the 8 clips on the lower opening and the 10 clips on the top.

I spent several days and hours detailing what I did in hopes of putting a project paper together for someone else doing the same mod.

BEFORE I go ahead and start drilling and screwing these clips in, I wanted to run this thread out there in case I missed something or someone has done this already or maybe someone with a 70 coupe project with the window and trim out can verify some of the clip locations.