Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Progress of last two days

Man that looks great, is bodywork your profession?

Yes it is my full time job also.

That's what makes it worse sometimes, at this point at least im not doing the exactly same thing at work, ive been blocking and priming at work...then I come home to metal work, lol.

I work for a very small restoration shop, we work on a lot of old cars, a 70 mustang is pretty new compared to some we work on.

Latest full restoration to go out of the door was a 1963 Shelby king cobra race car, sold at barret Jackson back in Feb for 1.65 million.

If anybody is interested this is my place of work

Baileycolorworks.com

OMG:tongue_smilie: that is one of the most elegant and sexy designs ever! beautiful car!

yeah i would be smiling too! :thumbup1: congrats man! has to be fulfilling to have the skills to work on cars at this level and to see your work in the end on something that special and historic! great stuff!

:punk:

It was a nice car, not a safe car by any means and that's why they stopped racing it because drivers where getting killed in these things, (the GT40's took the place these cars).

Its nothing more than a V8 powered go kart with aluminum body panels.

Whoever bought this was paying for all the history that came with this car.

We had a lot of paperwork with this car and some pretty famous drivers raced this car.

We have worked on some really nice original A/C cobras also.

My two projects at the moment are a 67 Shelby GT 500 and a 1958 Porsche speedster convert.

Even though this is my full time job your always still learning, ive asked a bunch of questions on this site already and got some good friendly help.

Thanks guys.

Edited by 70fastbak

Forgot to ask, what are your plans for the floor ?

Forgot about the floor.

Plan for the floor is a dynacorn one piece which I just got lucky on.

Guy on craigslist has a bunch of parts for 69-70 he got bored with the project and sold it but kept lots of sheet metal and interior parts.

So I bought his one piece floor for $250 and went for it myself, 20 min drive so no $180 shipping fee.

Somebody else just left before I got there and took a bunch of stuff that I would have bought also.

He bought the rear wing, brand new rear louvers, console, interior trim panels and a Shelby style roll bar, got there 30 mins too late.