Sign in to follow this  
Jonny034

69' Coupe

Hello all. I am the proud owner of a 69 coupe 302. I just bought it yesterday and towed it home today. It has been sitting in a garage buried under boxes for 4 years. It will fire up but wont stay running and the brake pedal is extremely squishy. But i bough it knowing i had a lot of work ahead of me and i am very excited to start working on it. Here's a few pics. Thanks.

Edited by Jonny034
Trying to put up pictures

I want to do a full restore, rebuild everything. I am still in the planning phase, trying to find out more about the car. I got it running tonight after it sat in a garage for 4 years, made me pretty excited. I am planning on making this a daily driver with stupid amounts of HP. :) Any hints or thoughts/suggestions would definitely be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what to do for the back suspension. A new problem arose today however and i'm hoping you all can confirm my suspicion. I was able to get it started and running on Friday. I went to start it today, turned the key, the engine turned over once then "clunked". I tried it again and this time it just clunked. I am about 60 percent sure its the starter, but I am still learning. Is there anything else it could be? Thanks

Well good news. I took my starter out, replaced it along with the solenoid, prayed to the car gods and she fired up. On to the next task. Brakes. I am debating with myself what I should do. Eventually I want to convert all four to disc brakes. I have been looking into getting either the mustang steve cobra kits or a kit like curries sells. What would you all recommend

Ok. Question for you all. I have the 302 that I want to rebuild. My goal is to get as close to 500 as possible, and safely. I have been looking at this Ford 302 4340 Forged Competition Rotating Assembly

347ci

4.030'' Bore

Premium Forged Flat Top Piston

11.0:1 w/54cc; 10.0:1 w/58cc; 9.6:1 w/64cc

3.400'' Crank Stroke

5.400'' Rod Length

External Balanced Assembly

As well as this

Performer RPM Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft and Lifters

- Pair of Performer RPM Cylinder Heads (complete)

- Timing Cover Gasket and Seal Set

- Cylinder Head Gasket Set

- RPM Air-Gap 302 Intake Manifold

- Intake Manifold Bolt Kit

- Cylinder Head Bolt Set

- Performer-Link Timing Set

With an edlebrook 650 cfm carb. Would these two things get this 302 close to my goal? Thanks for your responses