TinMan

It is Time

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, RPM said:

There are a bunch of folks who'd give their first born to have your 69, including me. Well, not my first born, but my second :)  If you want to modify one, buy another to do it to.

We've all got a favourite. Mine is the first born too!

Funny how you forget stuff. I completely forgot about this 70 notch back I owned for maybe 6 months in Houston around maybe 1985??. Was just looking at old pictures.

Was a factory shaker, 4 bbl and 4 gear. I wasn't making enough money to rub two nickels together and simply couldn't afford to keep it running. One of my proudest moments in life was when my beautiful bride grabbed major 2nd gear rubber in this car! Really wish I kept it, but I don't see how it would have been possible with just starting out life and upcoming family. It's a good memory.

70Stangs.jpg

Every time I bring her out to work on, I don't. I just want to ride.

Started really  losing low end power. Really bad yesterday.. Started backfiring a bit. No good launches, not even with a brake torque..

So  this morning, time to put in points and new plugs... Wow. I must have really messed up the points  after waking her.. there was always a lower end bog, then about what I'm guessing was about 2.5k rpm she picked up... Not any more. She's a tire frying fool now! Makes me very happy! I need to measure dwell so I know how to set this again!

Also did a compression test. This was cold and dry after probably 100 mile day yesterday. Can't believe she has this kind of compression! Last oil change I sent off to Blackstone labs.. the lead was high but nothing else.. speculated it was simply the leaded fuel from the 80s.. With this compression and hopefully an upcoming good oil analysis, I'm feeling pretty happy about her heart.. plugs also read beautiful..

2018.6.Compression.jpg

Years. They move so fast. This girl has been in my life 41 years now. So hard to believe. I just drive her. Really need to do suspension work, but I'd just rather drive. This year has been tough. It rains every weekend, so she hasn't seen many road miles.

Of the 41 years owned, the open diff has grabbed both tires less times than I can count on one hand.  Another finger happened this weekend! Once I am too old to giggle at stuff like this, it's time to take a dirt nap! So special when she goes sideways!

2019.5.19Fun.jpg

*poo*  Done my 3rd Blackstone report. Lead has been super high, assumed from the leaded fuel of years gone by. This time Copper popped up. Anyone else with a survivor engine? What does your analysis look like?

Got a buddy with a 2 post that's going on vacation on September. Mach is going under the knife during this week! All new front suspension. motor mounts, starter and anything else I can think of!

Having some health issues so not too many miles on the 'ol Girl this year.  I have pulled her out maybe 1/2 dozen times. Had her out yesterday, but just put her to bed as it's raining here.

Was at a car show and a guy put a card on the window saying he wanted to do a shoot for Muscle Mustang. We've had a couple back and forths. Not sure it's going to happen, but when I googled his name, he did show up as a contributing author.  If it happens, that's pretty cool.

I think it could fetch that to the right buyer - someone like you who can appreciate the survivor angle. Every day, there are fewer and fewer survivors out there.

Can't hurt to price it high and see if you get any bites. Good luck and sorry to hear your 're considering selling but I totally understand how life marches on for all of us. 

On 4/20/2016 at 5:14 PM, TinMan said:

This is surreal at best... I've loved this car since I was 9 years old... I've owned this particular car for basically my whole life.. technically 70% of it anyway.. Part of me thinks it's sacrilegious to even touch it. Part of me is like, meh, get it running.. piece it together... Another part of me thinks it's a sin to make any modifications... I still know absolutely every square inch of this car. Every ding. Every knot. Every blemish..  Most of the corners have the paint worn away from waxing it so often... I courted my lovely bride in this car... we've made love in this car..   I don't know... I've never really been this torn over a material object before... But in the end.. it's just a car...  I really want to drive it again.. windows down.. wind in my so gray hair...  fountain of youth perhaps? No..   Mortality is tough to face... :P :P :P

Dude, you can't sell this car. 

Going through rough times, but I couldn't get myself to sell the Mach...  She's parked.. still insured and licensed.. but parked... Might get her out next year, we'll see..

I pulled the gas tank 5 years ago and the gas was still somewhat wet.. so I put it in the shed with the intent of doing something with it some day.. today was the day... here's what a full tank of leaded gas looks like after 38 years... it's dry, but still stinks to high heaven..

20211016_152346.jpg