TinMan

It is Time

I'm not really a "car show guy".. but I did my first today.. was surreal like everything else...

mach171.jpg

This made me giggle..

mach172.jpg

Back to being covered up.. :( :(... yeah I know no plastic.. but I had a cat pee on it so plastic until that problem solved... :( :(

mach173.jpg

Raining here all weekend.. :(

Used a buffer and metal polish on the rims and stainless caps.. worked awesome.. cause they were just dirty and in pretty good shape...

Rear bumper was (is) pretty rough... 15 minutes of this and pretty much looked same..

Did the CokaCola and aluminum foil deal. Couldn't believe how awesome that works!

mach174.jpg

Been fighting overheating issue.. in technical session.  looks like it's related to timing.. advanced the timing and she cooled down...

Have logged over 300 miles since her awakening.. 300,000 smiles...

Did a couple full throttle blasts today.. was a HOOT...

This was yesterday.. Over 35 years ago this was my burnout road...Was very cautious so not much there.. but makes me smile!!

mach175.jpg

Been a while.. we're in the heat of summer here... humidity has been nuts.. so that's limited wrenchin time...

Logged about 450 miles so far.. so now time to fix stuff...

Got the interior all pulled.. just rebuilt the shifter.. what a difference... then rear shocks and throttle cable and the interior goes back together.. going to rain today.. and hoping to get that done...

Need to swap power valve on steering.. and the transmission is puking pretty good out the kick down lever and gear selector...

Buddy that helped get her running after the 33 year slumber recorded the event on the GoPro... For what it's worth..

mach177.jpg

Pretty cool getting them running huh? Smart move using the hood pin latches. I was expecting some donuts in the cup de sac :(

Btw, where you living with high temps and rain? Sounds like Texas, but your plates don't match or look familiar to me.

In fact.. here's my Texas inspection sticker.. that expired in Jan 1984...

mach178.jpg

Did another 100 miles this weekend.. ball joint and new shocks.. drives FUN now... Need to fine tune carb... stumbles off idle... it's all good..

Hey!! Where did this come from???  There was smoke... :) :) :)

mach179.jpg

Hummm.. perhaps I should name her Christine for real..  it's fixing itself..

All gauges now work fine.. oil pressure started working... as did the rim blow horn... it's working very well...

It's all good!!!

It's Christine. It fixes itself.. even the transmission is shifting better now...

Ok.. 1000 mile update.. (980 actually).. since awakened...

God I love this car!!

It's freaking FUN!! I took off this Friday.. and over the Labor Day weekend I just drove.. and drove..and drove... and drove...  Yesterday I did a car show that started at 6:00pm... about the time it started getting dark, I wondered if I had headlights.. I have never checked.. thankfully they were fine..

Getting used to how she behaves... not pushing hard.. but pushing... there's an off idle stumble like the  accelerator pump is not working.. but it appears to be fine..  it's getting predictable.

Have done a few full throttle automatic downshifts.. what fun!!!  My wife wanted a ride... we dated in this car.... she has medical issues, so it was a pretty big deal making it happen... after a while, she was poking fun of her.. at 40 mph she did a proper WOT 2nd gear downshift and make both of them scream!!! What fun!

Stuff to do..

Control valve. Have one.. need to do it. there's some decent play in the exiting one..

Overheating.. if it's under 80F outside.. not really a problem... over 80F.. it's unhappy under 45 mph and over 45 mph... really unhappy at 75mph on the interstate... Just need to get a larger radiator..

That's about it...

I used to think tilt wheels were stupid.. but being 55 years old.. fat... (250 lb) somewhat tall.. 6'2"... with arthritis... ingress and egress kinda suck...

The driver seat is taking a toll.. I bought a cheapo cover to hopefully help out.. probably won't...

Week after next she goes to transmission shop to get a couple leaks stopped.. then into storage.. unhappy!! 

Pop passed away last Nov.. I've got his Stang to get running.. then need to decide which one stays and which one gos... Pretty much completely sure it's the Mach staying... I  can't see ever selling it...  More to come..

I got fat and OLD!

I resemble that remark. The first time I played Duck Duck Goose with my granddaughter she said you'll never catch me Papa. When I asked why, she said because you're old and fat! WHAAAAT?

I parked mine in 86 so I guess I have about 3 years left to catch up. If I put it off a few more years my grandson can help. Naah, I've waited to drive it again too long.

I'm a few pounds heavier and a couple of sizes bigger myself, no one told me about this.

Car looks fantastic!