Sign in to follow this  
BigDuke6

anyone have desktop dyno & who'd run a combo for me?

I would like to know what a 408 stroker with Trick Flow 11R heads, an RPM Air Gap intake, and a 770 cfm carb with annular boosters would make. The heads are these ones here:

http://static.trickflow.com/global/images/chartsguides/t/tfs%20airflow%20tw%2011r%20205cc%202014c.pdf

and the cam is a hydraulic roller cam with the following specs

108 LSA

- LIFT: INT 560 , EXH 540

- DURATION AT .50 DEG: INT 236 , EXH 240

I would much appreciate it.

I don't have the heads yet. I have a pair of ported RPM Performers that slightly exceed the flow of vic jrs. I am debating either stroking with the new 11R heads or adding a Paxton and am deciding based on cost vs power in terms of hp/$ ratio.

EVIL What kind of headers are those you have.

If the Trickflow heads are similar to the AFR 205's you should do between 525/550 Hp.

I have FPA long tubes

EVIL What kind of headers are those you have.

If the Trickflow heads are similar to the AFR 205's you should do between 525/550 Hp.

I run 1 3/4" ceramic coated Super Competition Hooker headers.

The old 205 TFS heads were a pinch better than the AFR 205's. These new TFS heads are supposed to be an improvement on top of that, but there's no real worl info out yet.

Edited by THE EVIL TW1N

I managed to crank out 550 hp with the AFR 205 Nitrous ported heads, we did replace the springs and cam was almost same grind as yours Evil but i have just a smidge more lift, and I'm ground on a 112* lobe sep.

Was Dynoed with 2" Primaries and HP 950 on a Vic Junior intake.

On a 125 bump it made 659hp/666tq running EXTREMELY FAT and way to many degrees pulled.

We only sprayed 1 time just because I wanted to see what it would do and it was a Top shot Kit mounted inside of the Shaker assembly from my 77 Trans Am...We lost almost 20hp just by putting the Shaker assembly from the TA on the ford motor LOL, so in all reality if it had been a plate kit and we had not lost the 20 hp it would have pushed upwards of 670 or so HP I would imagine if we had played with it enough we could have neared 700Hp on a 125 shot.

Those are at the fly wheel numbers btw

http://www.airflowresearch.com/index.php?cPath=21_104

The TFS heads make a bit more down low than the AFR's but loose out up top

But max 650 lift the TFS trump the AfR so I would expect 525-550hp depending on the cam intake combo assuming your running a quality stroker buy never know...Minimum 500hp EASY

I know this isn't a TFS vs AFR heads thread, but the TFS make slightly more low end TQ AND HP.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-0608-cylinder-head-shootout/viewall.html

That's based on the older TFS heads design with the smaller 2.02 valves vs. the 2.08's that they now use.