Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

How hard is it to get out the heater box?

Can I do it without taking off the dash pad? I think I want to remove it and look into reconditioning or replacing it with a modern setup.

I'll take feedback on vintage air vs the others too.

I've replaced my heater core three times over the years and never removed the dashpad. The glove box, yes, dash, not necessary. The clips are not that hard to get off the box, once removed it separates and the core is accessible. On another note, I don't have AC, that might be a horse of a different color.

I' ve had the dash pad put of my 69 car a couple of times and found it to be a pretty easy operation. The dash pad on my 65 is more trouble and w/fewer nuts/attachments. I don't have air in either car. Couple of pics of a 69 w AC, not my car, with out dash. Brian

Edited by Brian Conway

I've replaced my heater core three times over the years and never removed the dashpad. The glove box, yes, dash, not necessary. The clips are not that hard to get off the box, once removed it separates and the core is accessible. On another note, I don't have AC, that might be a horse of a different color.

Agree, it can be done. I replaced mine (non A/C) one time years ago, wasn't easy and would be more difficult now as I'm not as flesible as I was.