Sign in to follow this  
bomccorkle

aod conversion.... driveshaft length

I believe that the fmx driveshaft will work with and aod yoke added to it. I have a mustang salvage near me and was wondering if anyone knows the fmx shaft length so that I can dig one out of the pile the next time I am that way??

Bo I don't know if you read this thread or not but it may help you if you haven't. I was looking for another thread that some body posted that had the lengths of the different yoke and all but could not find it. I also understand that some of the AOD out of a truck and van I believe that has a longer tail shaft. So you would have to know which one you have.

Dave

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=15433&highlight=transmission+swap

I'm not sure on the FMX driveshaft but on my AOD conversion (not on a Mustang) I just used the stock C4 driveshaft shortened by 1 inch and used the stock C4 yoke. If you have a C4 driveshaft just fitting the AOD yoke should do the trick.

I bought the car as a basket case. I got a couple trailers worth of parts with it and according to the car it should have been fmx equipped. the driveshaft I have on hand it paint penned with "66 mustang".... I guess maybe I'll just have to get it all together then go dig thru the pile or maybe even order what I need.

I used my FMX drive shaft with the 93 aod yoke.. the drive shaft was too long by and inch or so.. but! I was running a 9 inch rear end from an old F100 that had a shorter pinion yoke.. so it fit fine.... I'm sure this won't help at all.. :)