Sign in to follow this  
dawson1044

69 351w help

I have 2 69's that I am currently rebuilding, one is a 351w m code grande that I am building for my son. We are fuel injecting it with drivetrain from a 95 gt. The other is a convertible 351 h code that I ran across and couldn't pass up. It came as a roller but u have built a 95 Windsor for it and stroked it to a 408. In the process of rounding up parts over the last 2 years, I acquired a 69 351w complete minus heads(someone put e7 heads on it). Anyone have any idea of the value of the block (looks to be standard), factory 4 bbl intake and autolite carb (d0sf f)? I may sell the engine and need an idea of what it's worth. I have access to a set of c9 heads but need some work.

the 69 351 W is a good year block, apparently high in nickel, and so potentially a strong block for high power application.

Buying a non running block/engine is always a gamble since the buyer will not be sure it is not cracked or carries internal damage that is only discernible with a complete tear-down and measuring, and hot tanking and magnafluxing.

Does it have all the pulleys and brackets for alt, PS, crank, water pump and fan? For a restoration project, the engine would be more valuable with all the 69 front furniture.

For me, the missing heads would not be an issue, as aftermarket heads would be desirable for my engine builds. Others might make issue with that.

I estimate anywhere from 200 to 700 dollars for the block.

Your market will be split between those looking for an original 69 block and components for a restoration car, and those, (like me) who would like to stroke to 408/427 and looking for a strong 69 block as a base.

The barrier to high prices is the fact that 351 blocks are not rare, and you can get a roller 351 in junk yards, and brand new BOSS blocks from performance manufacturers.

Not to discourage, but you are looking at low figures for a straight sale. You may get higher prices if it is not overbored, is low mileage, with perfect cylinder bores and bearings. Otherwise it is a used 351 W short block, not running.....about 300 dollars

Good luck with the projects, sounds like a lot of fun ahead. Great cars.