Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

New Scott Drake repo clock panels

I guess they have hit the market now. Just saw this one on eBay. Anyone know retail price point on these? Seller says they improved on design with reinforced mount points?

EDIT: Looks like CJ lists it at $169 shipped.

Edited by miketyler

Glad to know they are available! I managed to drop something heavy (the engine bay brace from my 94 donor car) on mine and cracked it. Not a bad crack, but if I can't fix it, at least I know I can cough up $170 for a good bezel and transfer all my stuff.

Chuck

Mike, I picked up two of these new Scott Drake clock panels today from Harris Mustang. Very nice pieces. I just sold my perfect original on eBay (nicest original chrome I'd ever seen) and am glad I did. They really did a good job with this one. I'm happy to post any photos if you'd like.

Interesting - yes, post up pics and your experience with them installing. I noticed the auction on that one repo I posted the pic of closed at over $400. Pretty high demand I'd say to pay double what it could be bought for from a dealer...or maybe just another case of "eBay gone wild"

Interesting - yes, post up pics and your experience with them installing. I noticed the auction on that one repo I posted the pic of closed at over $400. Pretty high demand I'd say to pay double what it could be bought for from a dealer...or maybe just another case of "eBay gone wild"

Ill take photos this weekend when I put the wood and clock on there. First impressions are very good. $400 for one is absurd. My perfect original with new wood (di-noc) and clock (new lens) went for that. And there's only so many originals out there whereas these are available at any Scott Drake dealer.

Thanks for the pics It does look good. It appears the molded clock bezel matches up to the wood bezel well. Also the outside edge seems to match up nicely to the wood panel as well. The 69 instrument panel bezels were just a little off but most people don't notice anyway.

Its hard to tell from pics but how is the paint detailing? Crisp black edged outlining the bezel? Regardless it looks like this product will be a home run for many out there that want a DIY solution to a near concours level panel restoration.

Is that the repo map light assy? Looks like a decent product as well.

Clock panel looks good!

Weren't the map lights an option even if you had a deluxe clock panel? Mine didn't have one either, so I added a repo just like yours. Should work just fine.

-Mike

The map lights were part of the "Visibility Group" in 1969 and the "Convenience Group" in 1970.

I did not know that they were also re-popping the MAP LIGHT complete with wiring ... cool.

Is someone also making the light switch for the glove box door ??

This switch was part of the Visibility Group Option in '69 (not sure of '70) and also turned the map light on when you opened up the glove box.

My switch sometimes needs to be wiggled to make the light go out ... not a big deal as I'm always able to make it go out, but it would be nice to fix this minor annoyance.

Doug

Mine appears to have not come with a map light while the pig tail plug-in is there, but I also didn't see any signs of a glove box light. No switch and no light bulb socket so I was just guessing that they didn't come with a glove box light period. Read and learn I guess. Is the original map light made from like a pot metal and is not plastic and painted a different color ?

light.jpg