Sign in to follow this  
dawson1044

18 inch wheels, will they work?

I ran across a set of 18x8 BBS 2 piece forged RS-GT wheels for 350.00. It says on their website that the offset is 38, whatever that means. I can't find the backspacing on the website. These came off of a Lexus GS. They retail for 870.00 each. It's a great deal and even comes with tires. I need a big wheel to clear the GT500 brakes that I have to go on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 38mm is how much the mounting face of the wheel is moved from center line of the wheel. So... 38mm = 1.5". These wheels have a 6.5" back spacing and will require you to run a 1.5" wheel spacer, at least, on the front. The other question would be, what is the bolt hole spacing? If it is not 114.5mm on 5, they will not fit without adapting the bolt hole pattern on your wheel spacers.

IMO 18's look great on 69/70 cars, and if you can get them cheap, you are that much farther ahead of the curve. Hope this helps