Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Guys that have shaved drip rails

Just a quick question for anybody out there that has gone with the shaved drip rail look.

Im thinking about doing this because firstly mine are not that great, I could repair them I guess but I do like the shaved look too.

My question is what did you do around the boomerang area to finish that off with no trim on that part.

Any help/pics would be appreciated.

I've got some new drip rails if you decide to go with them. Just pay for shipping. I haven't finished mine off yet but I was planning on finishing it off with either lead or a good quality filler.

I watched an episode on one of the car shows a couple years back and did exactly what they did. Just cut off where the rail extends from the roof and weld the seam. Just be sure you jump around doing spot welds so you don't get the metal to hot and warp something. I'm not the best welder by any means but it turned out really nice and even looks like it is supposed to be like that. I have pics on my thread I think. I bought new ones in case it didn't look that good, but I like it with out them.

Edited by jnet4jt