Sign in to follow this  
mustangindia

Tyres for Mach 1 225 r15

Hi,

Is anyone running 225/70R14 tyres on their car? I am having a hard time finding 215 R14 in India, and the 205 tyres are very small, they make the car look like a bad scaled model car.

I am getting 225/70R14, and hope the difference is not a issue with clearances.

Photos would be appreciated.

Thanks

So I have changed my rims to 15", as its easier to get tyres.

I was going for the safe 225/60 r15 option, but I am getting a good deal on 2x 235/60 r15 and 2x 255/60 r15 - so I am tempted.

The fenders on my car are stock. Will running 235 infront and 255 on the rear hit anything? I have seen a couple of guys online running this config with no issues (7inch rim)

There seems to be enough room in the rear, my worry is with the bump stop bracket/flange which protudes into the wheel well.

I have a 1" drop infront, and the rims are 15x7 with 4.25 backspacing.

Thanks

I ran 225/70-14's all around on my car for the past 35 years.   No problem with fit ever.   

As of last fall, I upgraded to 225/60-15's on 15x7" rims all around that are an inch wider but 0.77" shorter.   I was tempted to go with 235/60-15's all around (0.3" shorter than 225/70-14) but decided against it due to the fact that I still have manual steering and thought this may be too wide.

255/60-15 is going to be a 27.05" tall tire (approx. 1" taller than 235/60-15) and is the maximum recommended width for a 7" wide rim.

Whether it will fit out back with a 4.25" back space (or even different backspacing), I can't help you there.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I have manual steering as well. 225/60 R15 are easily avaliable here in India. larger sizes are not. The 235s are imported, and have white lettering, i will not get the same brand tyre in 225, so didnt opt for 225 infront and 235 in the rear. And as you say there is an inch taller, the car might look too nose forward