Sign in to follow this  
det0326

Roof drip rail/gutter

I have a question about the roof drip rail/gutter. There seems to be some kind of sealant or something down in the gutter part of the drip rail that covers the spot weld and smooth's it out. I saw this when I was cleaning mine and first that it was body filler because it was tan or cream colored like body filler however it was sort of flexible similar to seam sealer. Does anyone know what this stuff is and where to get it? Thanks

Dave

Body seam sealer

It is used in many places all over the body

Bob

Is it some kind of special kind because under the car and the interior of car on the floor pans and all the seam sealer is the usual black. In the roof rail area and around the back glass and windshield it is light colored and it does seem a little harder than the black. Even though it is flexible it is sand able it just seems like a different material to me but I could be wrong.

Dave

You need a self leveling seam sealer. 3m has varing seam sealers that have different drying times and levels of flexbility.

Yes I checked out the self leveling seam sealer this is exactly what I need

thanks a lot.

Dave

If you plan on keeping the car and putting money into your paint job..I'd invest on a quality 2 k epoxy self leveling seam sealer from fusor or SEM. There not cheap as the gun usually what kills it. Some auto paint stores have them for rent. Those 2 k will outlive the car and will not shrink or crack.