Sign in to follow this  
69Midd4Stang

Carpet Toe Pad

The current carpet in my convertible has both the heal and toe pad. It looks to be the original carpet but it may not.

Suppliers of new carpet have advise that 1969 did not come with the toe pad but they can add one if needed.

Did the 69 models come with our without the toe pad as I am looking to replace mine with the correct style for my car?

The 69 Mach 1 came with the ' special carpet ' with red sewn in floor mats. When I replaced my OE carpet it had the floor mats and no toe pad. I do remember the carpet had the C9--- numbering stenciled on the bottom. Other 69 model mustangs did not have the floor mats. If your carpet is original it will have the stenciled part number on it. Be sure to look for your build sheet under the seats, my car, and under the carpet. Brian

Edited by Brian Conway

I had not thought of the part number and will check for this.

With all that I am hearing it would appear that this may not be the original carpet to the car. No evidence of why it would have been changed over but one never knows unless you are lucky enough to be the original owner.

I was hoping to find the build sheet, but sadly I could not locate it when I was removing the carpet. I remain optimistic that I might find it elsewhere as I have heard they can be tucked away in other areas of the car.

Thanks for the feedback!

The one below it (green) was from what I can tell a plain jane coupe. From what I can tell the ACC carpet matches pretty well to the originals in the pics. The ACC isn't exclusive to CJPony either.