scode

1969 Mach 1 S Code 390 Pro Touring Build - Going all the way!

The front head light buckets were circle drilled wider to accommodate Halogen H4 headlights with blue halo led rings. I found a nice set on ebay for $100. There will be a switch on the dash to have blue led daytime halos.

Right now I am trying to find some mirrors. I think we will mold them into the doors by welding them on, grinding them flat and then filling in the seams. And then we are going to flush the tail light lenses. I think I found a way to do this that is simpler than what I have seen so far. Will post more later.

Edited by scode

And then we are going to flush the tail light lenses. I think I found a way to do this that is simpler than what I have seen so far. Will post more later.

Interested in seeing this, I'll be attempting this on mine ( I hope ) As for the mirror mode, just my luck something would hit the mirror or some kind of damage and then ......

We are almost done with body work. A little touch up on the deleted drip rails and a few minor things and heading to block and paint.

Here is the latest work. Here we have deleted the lines in the headlight buckets and the rear tail light extensions.

Great mods! This is going to be one exceptionally clean build. Looking forward to seeing some color. (I'm sure you are, too)

Color is a personal preference but if I was doing anything I wanted to my car I would go with a dark metallic blue. With your blue halo lights I think it would look great and you get to have a blue car in the day and a black one at night.

We are almost done with body work. A little touch up on the deleted drip rails and a few minor things and heading to block and paint.

Here is the latest work. Here we have deleted the lines in the headlight buckets and the rear tail light extensions.

Awesome work! I was wondering what material you used to delete the seams on the headlight buckets and rear extensions? Any worry of cracks from vibration, shock? Keep it coming... what motor in going in? Alan

Front end has the 2" drop and the entire car will sit pretty low over 18"s most likely.

Seams were done with epoxy and metal filler.

I have seen a dark blue one like you are talking about. It was nice. hmmm...

Engine is a 390 Fe since the car is an s-code.

We are finally nearly ready to paint. Currently it is in final black primer and getting ready to paint, but first we are going to paint and install the suspension. The suspension will be done in Torch Red. We also did a rubberized underliner on the body.

the final color will be black with torch red left side racing stripes bumper to bumper.

Other work done since last post is the rear bumper has been sectioned/welded/smoothed and flushed to the body and all brackets shortened. The bolt holes are smoothed over and welding points were made to hang it from the inside without any external attachments.

We will also delete the wiper holes on the cowl and cut the air intake out and seal it to the lines of the hood center rise and add a flushed bezel holding a mesh screen for air intake.

After the car is done I will buy another hood and make a completely custom hood that has a left side scoop that dips into the hood in reverse.

Photos:

Edited by scode

We are finally nearly ready to paint. Currently it is in final black primer and getting ready to paint, but first we are going to paint and install the suspension. The suspension will be done in Torch Red. We also did a rubberized underliner on the body.

the final color will be black with torch red left side racing stripes bumper to bumper.

Other work done since last post is the rear bumper has been sectioned/welded/smoothed and flushed to the body and all brackets shortened. The bolt holes are smoothed over and welding points were made to hang it from the inside without any external attachments.

We will also delete the wiper holes on the cowl and cut the air intake out and seal it to the lines of the hood center rise and add a flushed bezel holding a mesh screen for air intake.

After the car is done I will buy another hood and make a completely custom hood that has a left side scoop that dips into the hood in reverse.

Photos:

Edited by scode

Also, after 2 days of trial and error we found an incredibly simple way to flush the tail lights. Actually the finished look will be slightly frenched tail lights which is way cleaner than anything I have seen to date. I have to tell you that it is the cleanest most awesome treatment that I have ever seen. It will be able to be done by anyone for well under $100 in your garage with hardly any tooling.

We tried to recreate the popular thread on here and failed in the gluing process to make it look clean. The other problem we found is you still have to use the chrome outer bezel and that left a very unfinished look even if painted to match the body. It was not acceptable on this build.

When we actually install the tail lights I will provide a how to on how to do this. Its actually so simple that I think many people here will go out and do it after seeing how it looks.

I had a mock up photo of a test install on my phone but then I broke the phone and they are forever lost. :-( So unfortunately we will have to wait for some months before we do that actual install.

But I assure you it will be worth the wait.

Also, after 2 days of trial and error we found an incredibly simple way to flush the tail lights. Actually the finished look will be slightly frenched tail lights which is way cleaner than anything I have seen to date. I have to tell you that it is the cleanest most awesome treatment that I have ever seen. It will be able to be done by anyone for well under $100 in your garage with hardly any tooling.

We tried to recreate the popular thread on here and failed in the gluing process to make it look clean. The other problem we found is you still have to use the chrome outer bezel and that left a very unfinished look even if painted to match the body. It was not acceptable on this build.

When we actually install the tail lights I will provide a how to on how to do this. Its actually so simple that I think many people here will go out and do it after seeing how it looks.

I had a mock up photo of a test install on my phone but then I broke the phone and they are forever lost. :-( So unfortunately we will have to wait for some months before we do that actual install.

But I assure you it will be worth the wait.