Sign in to follow this  
takoarm

Primered and sealed

Just curious, instead of welding the upright of the dolly to the frame rail, why didn't you weld a horizontal flat bar or angle iron to the dolly and bolt it to the bumper bracket holes in the rail?

Bob

it was done by the media blast guy. I asked him the same thing. Truth be told the soda blasting he did was good but, his timescale and little things like this really pissed me off. In the big picture of things I don't think it will be a big deal. The Soda Blasting really was the best way to go and the car will be no worse for wear can't say that for sandblasting.

Not sure Bobby. She is getting some additional body work done. On my end I ordered some power seats, rear seats, full console, deluxe panel inserts, and dash parts from Mustangs To Fear. Cant wait to get moving again.

Just curious, instead of welding the upright of the dolly to the frame rail, why didn't you weld a horizontal flat bar or angle iron to the dolly and bolt it to the bumper bracket holes in the rail?

Bob

Unless I'm missing something. There is a piece of square tube bolted to the frame, the Dollie is welded to that. Isn't it?

Nice, very nice!

Unless I'm missing something. There is a piece of square tube bolted to the frame, the Dollie is welded to that. Isn't it?

Hmm... I'm blaming my error on bad glasses. I have a new pair now.

Gets wired and plumbed in a couple weeks. I bought all new glass and power windows for it as well. I am deleting the heater and installing a kenwood double din navigation unit. Here in Southern California no need for a heater and if it gets hot just roll down the windows.