Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

junkyard 351 Windsor

Ok so it's been a long while since I posted last and this subject may have been addressed a thousand times but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. I need to know the best 302/351 stuff to get the most performance out of a stock bottom end 351. I'm making a trip to the junkyard for stuff tomorrow. So long story short I need to find the best parts such as block, heads, intake, anything. I don't mind buying A few motors they are super cheap where I'm going. I want efi but a strong block better flowing heads and I can buy a summit cam or something if need be, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brandon

For a basic 351 it's best to getnthe 69 or 70 351 engines

On the other hand there were early 90s pickups that had the roller 351 and factory fuel injection.

If,you could get one of those engines complete that's what I would do

Bov

Look for a later 351 , 1994 and newer this way you get the one piece rear main seal and roller cam. The engines are pretty common in trucks and vans, and you can use the small block heads [5.0]

Edited by MOCK 302

So f4te block is roller? Does that mean lightning is roller? I thought they weren't. I'm going to try sift through their pre-1970 section for some doors, passenger headlight bezel(mine doesn't have the tabfor the lower valence), and a dash then pull a t5 out of a gt or cobra mustang 95 or older and seats, can you tell this needs to be driving by the middle of June? I am also pulling a harness and am going to try to combine it with a painless harness for the car or whatever you guys suggest for wiring