Sign in to follow this  
kschara

header help

That is a very difficult problem. You might contact Hooker and see what they say. Bending them will be difficult, but maybe if it only needs one inch, it could work? Perhaps instead of bending it, cut it off at one place and reweld it? It might be easier to cut and weld then bend?

Ran into the same issue with the same headers. What a PITA ! Many emails and telcons got me no where !!!!!! Send them back and get headers made for a 351W. Hooker swore to me that these are for a 289,302,351w. When I explained that the 351W was 1" taller therby driving the collectors into the floor boards, they offered to allow me to ship them back to them to test fit on their fixture to see if they are made correctly. If they fit their fixture then I would have to pay for the return ship cost. Never once did they acknowledge the 351W being taller by 1" !!!!!!!!!!!!! I already had $500 inot this and just at the end of my rope when i did MORE resaearch and found loads of peep saying the same thing. Hooker is not in the business of correcting this issue is what I have concluded. SO, I will not buy from them again. I went with Dougs midlength headers D669Y and there where no issues. Yeah it cost me more time and $ but I will not do business with a company that denies having an issue with their high :mad:$ product.

I bought a set of Jet Hot coated Hookers @ $600.00 headers for a cleveland in a '70, the biggest pain in the butt ever, clearance problems everywhere. Lots of back and forth with Hooker, ended up with them telling me my frame was tweaked,,BS!!!! I have a set of old black jacks, take out the header bolts and they almost fall to the floor. Almost everybody I've spoken with tells me that Hookers IF they fit are terribly tight....FYI

I have a 69 fastback with 351w. I bought hooker headers part #6901hkr. Don't fit( tail hits frame rail ). Is there a way to bend these without burning them up? Any help would be great

I had to bend my former hooker super comp headers to fit at the FMX area. It was no problem. I cut a ~5 ft long 2x4 to fit in the collector and used it as a lever to bend it in position without any damage. The tubes are soft metal so I didn't heat them before bending.