Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Columbus OH Spring Swap

This will be the first time I missed in 15 years. I watched this swap meet dwindle down to about nothing. Only two bldgs. now with parts.They went to a full Buckeye bldg. to 1/2 a buckeye bldg. to none. It is along drive for me and it just is NOT what is was just a few short years ago. Hope all attending enjoy it.

Yeah, I've been going since the '80s and it's not the same for sure. Before eBay and Craig's list there was a lot more classic stuff and bargains to be found. Not so much any more but it's still one of the biggest in the country and not a bad place to find that knob, hose, or trim piece you need. I guess times change but I still like browsing the junk bins and the car corral.

Edited by 69RavenConv

I have been to the last 4 or 5 of them collecting parts for my '69. It was disappointing this time to see it was down to 2 buildings though. Either way, I picked up a few small things I needed so it was worth the trip.

Of course not everything is a great price there. Sometimes I just don't understand what people are thinking when they price things. There are 2 or 3 specific vendors I will never buy from and I see them each year selling the same overpriced parts.

Yeah, it was all over the board for pricing schemes. Saw mach 1 instrument clusters as low as $300 for the pair and as high as $1,000 with only minor differences in condition. I did find a lot of cobra jet related items this year... more than last year. So that was a plus for my restoration. Prices on those were reasonable from two vendors but through the roof with the others.