Sign in to follow this  
BigDuke6

Need a little research help, re supercharger as OEM equipment in 1969

I cannot add a supercharger to my car here in Germany unless I can show that Ford offered it either from the factory or as a dealer option in 1969. I have read on the internets that this was indeed the case for 1969 but I need something in print. Does anybody know of any mustang reference books that might show this was indeed the case?

A 2 second google search of "1969 Paxton Shelby" got me this:

The description reads:

"1969 Mustang Shelby GT 350 with a Paxton Supercharger. Featured in Hemmings Special Interest Autos in May/June 1999, this vehicle is only one of two believed to exist and only one of three ever produced equiped with a supercharger, (the other car is said to be in a Auto Hall of Fame Museum in Dearborn MI.) "

Have you looked into the gt350 and gt500? I know some of the 64-68 had a Paxton on them. not sue for 69

this is one of the things I saw. The intro to this video says that there were 3 GT 350s made in 1969 that came with a supercharger. I would need to point to something a little more authoritative than that to get the TUV to allow it.

I also saw on Hemmings that claimed the paxton was a dealer installed option on the GT 350 that was installed on one car

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2011/03/01/hmn_buyers_guide1.html

Somewhat controversial is a Paxton-Cobra supercharger system known to be bolted up to one 1969-'70 Shelby SportsRoof. While offered as a dealer-installed Shelby performance part in the Sixties, the blower was not on the official list of 1969 parts despite its performance potential with the small-block engine.

Edited by BigDuke6

There was not any superchargers offered from the factory in 1969. But dealers would sell you most anything. And I'd be more than willing to bet that you could have had a supercharger (Paxton's were big then) installed by a dealer back in 1969. Especially high performance Ford dealers like Tasca, Mel Burns, Foulgers, Galpin and others.

I have an original ford brochure and dealer/ford option list specifically for 1969 Mustang. There is no mention of a supercharger. On the other hand, I know of two 1969 Mustangs that were sent out to get factory sunroofs at the same place that the Cougars had them installed. So anything is possible.

I have an original ford brochure and dealer/ford option list specifically for 1969 Mustang. There is no mention of a supercharger. On the other hand, I know of two 1969 Mustangs that were sent out to get factory sunroofs at the same place that the Cougars had them installed. So anything is possible.

well, it looks like a stroker is in the cards instead. I can always bolt a paxton on when I get back home and then be blown and stroked.