Sign in to follow this  
Raven R code

what size tire on your 15x8" rims?

15x8 rims on the front is going not going to allow you to run any wider tire than a 15x7 rim. I run 275/60/15 in the back on my 15x8 Magnums.

So....you are saying 15x7 is the max size rim for the front then? I plan to keep all 4 rims the same size so I can rotate them. I was also thinking of lowering the whole car 1".

Hey Raven R Code,

Can you tell me about your experience with 15x8 all around and lowering 1", please? I have a 69 conv. and I am thinking about getting the Magnum 500 in 15x8 all around as well but do not find clear answers about whether they fit without rubbing or not.

Thanks in advance, Falko

I recently purchased 15x8 for the back and 15x7 for the front for my convertible. I did consider the concern of rotating the tires but as I am a fair weather driver and thus not putting many miles on per year I did not feel this was going to be a large concern in the long run for me.

I have a friend with a 68 who indicated rubbing concerns with regards to two wide a tire on the front of his car. This was a concern for me and thus keeping things a little restricted here was my thoughts.

I worked with my local tire shop and went with a 235/60 on the rear set and a 215 / 60 on the front. The tire tech noted that using the 215 on the front would keep the overhang aspect of the tire in line with the rear. This keeps the tires similar in viewing.

I am very pleased with the setup and have had many positive comments on the rims and tires since installing them.