Sign in to follow this  
SBR69Mach

1969 Beaten, Rusted, Forgotten Mach 1.

I need help with Vendor Suggestions regarding Floor Pans, Fire Walls, Torque Boxes Front and Rear, Frame Rails Complete Front and Rear, Trunk Pan, Quarter Skins, Tail Panel and Rear Inner and Outer Wheel Wells. Dynacorn, NPD, Year One, and Scott Drake seam to make all of these parts, but which one has the best thickness? Fit and Finish? I am building a very used 1969 Indian Fire Red Mach 1. It was a 351W 2bbl Car with a 3 speed and Black Interior for an old Navy buddy of mine. She's been hit a few times, rusted out pretty good, and generally she's not taken been care of and has some really bad repairs. The Engine and Transmission are long gone, and since this is a low option car, we're going to go Pro-Touring with it. I love old Mustangs, and I owned 2 Mach 1's previously, but never had the time or money to do what we are doing to this girl. She needs to be brought back to the Glory that is Mustang, and I wont do it half-assed! Help me my Brothers!!!

I've replaced everything in front of the firewall on my car with Dynacorn parts, and the fit is excellent. The thickness of the steel is not as thick as the original steel, but it is better quality steel, and therefore stronger.

I love that you are going Pro-Touring with the build. Good luck!

Thanks! I have been reading forums all over the net and they each said something different, but Dynacorn comes up the most. I'm trying to save as much of the original metal as possible but, whatever isn't rusted, is bent and twisted. Looking at a 2 year build, hasn't officially started, haven't cut into that metal yet. Waiting to see what shows up first, and I'm still researching materials. Thanks again for the input!

I second the Dynacorn. I have used them and they fit well and generally need a lot less fitting.

I would also recommend that you buy all the parts from one supplier. Dynacorn offers complete bodies, so all there parts are designed to fit together.

Welcome to the forum SBR69! I sure wish mine was a two year build. If "your" mach is anything like mine, any repairs you make will be better than the factory guys did. The only a/m body part I bought was the right front apron from NPD about 15 years ago, and it was fine. Where bouts you located? Good luck with the build.

And the spoortsroof count increases :)

Bob

I have been trying to save the original steel as much as possible too. Just means a lot of fab work, and welding. Then you get to choose the gauge of the metal you use. Looks like you are starting where I did. Nice project, Good luck ! :)

So you live down in God's country? My little sis lives in Escondido, high school buddies in Del Mar and another in Rancho Santa Fe. Lovely area.

Bob

Excellent, thank you. Just checked out your site, I'm going to have to read the entire thing! Looks great!

Thank you SBR69Mach ! I'm finishing up on year 2 on mine. I had estimated 2 years, but wound up finding a lot of hidden issues. like fiberglassed over rotted frame rails, etc. And in my case convertible only parts that no one makes. plan on some fabrication.

I really enjoy the feeling of accomplishment, and the fun engineering problems you get to solve!

A little work has been done, but not to the car. It took a few weeks, but I've built an extremely heavy duty Rotiserrie, and mounted the Mach to it. Now i can see all of the rust, without having to crawl under the car to

[ATTACH]17659[/ATTACH]

Edited by SBR69Mach

Good move on the rotisserie. I built one for the same reason, just to old to be crawling around on the floor at my age.

I'm just a bit farther than you on my tear down. Heading out to CJs pony parts this weekend for a sheet metal parts load. Floor, cowl, kick panels, b pillars, etc. from what I been seeing the Dynacorn parts are worth the extra money. Even if they cost twenty percent more you won't be saying to yourself "i should have bought the Dynacorn parts" during install.

Hey SBR, I know a guy over in california who happens to be building me up a tricked out 351W right now. Company is called CMS engine service up in northern Cali. if you need some engine work done, he's a great guy to work with. and judging by your SBR name, looks like your into guns.this guy also makes some AMAZING billet lowers as well. Anyways, if you want his info just shoot me an email.

A little late, but welcome to the forum ! I think you have my frame rails beat lol. Nice job on the rotisserie, looks well made. Have you you decided on anything regarding the build, like color, engine etc ? Look forward to your progress and good luck.

Current plans are a Windsor, haven't decided on the actual configuration, power adders if any or what. 6 speed, 4 link rear, A/C, and a Mustang II front so far are planned. Wildwood brakes, haven't decided on wheels, tires, color or interior yet.

Why the mustang ll front end? I think your giving up a lot in the handling department. If your going four link rear and want your rig to handle, look into Street or track. I have only ever hear good things about their products. I'm also incorporating their F&R suspension in my build. Got some time before getting it mocked up due to a lot of sheet metal work though.

Any btw, holy rust! I though I had it bad

You're absolutely correct, I was being a little lazy in the description. I have not decided on the brand, because I haven't done any research yet. I am looking to match the performance of the rear suspension set up. I'd prefer to find a manufacturer that has designed a front and rear set up to work with each other. I'm sure they exist, I just haven't got that far into my check list. Which seems to be growing by the way.

Hey, whatever isn't rusted, is damaged badly by a rear end accident. So I win both ways.